Saturday, May 17, 2014

Summer In The Park



As I progressed through my quilting journey I got braver and more determined to follow directions. See, I tend to sew like I cook. I just can't quite follow the recipe. If you come to my house for dinner you won't get the exact same meal twice. Step by step instructions just don't seem to apply to me in crafty projects. Maybe it's because I'm so literal in other areas of my life. 

Online toots and You Tube videos became my source. I don't know exactly when I started watching Jenny Doan but I am sure glad I found her. She made me laugh and relax when it came to sewing. If she could lick her fingers on camera to make it easier to separate the fabric layers then she was my kinda gal!




 I learned to cut strips (because I was to cheep to purchase pre-cuts) and went at it with this quilt. It's called Summer In the Park.


 FMQ was becoming more and more enjoyable even though I had a long way to go before I was pleased with my work. This quilt was made for a precious baby in March 2013.


One of my favorite things with quilting is making an unexpected back AND using up all those orphan blocks!

No comments:

Post a Comment